Grabbing Values From an Array for Posting

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a grid array that I am using with a form that when it hits the currently named test.php it logs in and grabs 3 coordinates (i.e. B1, D3, etc). which come back as XML fields "challenge1", "challenge2", and "challenge3" and then has to match up the value in the grid array and pass the correct value down to my post fields as "response1", "response2", "response3". However, nothing I'm trying will get the values out to then post. I'm sure my coding is wrong, but I cannot figure out the right syntax to make it work.

Here is part of my grid array:

$grid_array = array("A1" => "V", "A2" => "2", "A3" => "1", "A4" => "N", "A5" => "7", "B1" => "H", "B2" => "9", "B3" => "3", "B4" => "T", "B5" => "J", "C1" => "9", "C2" => "2", "C3" => "2", "C4" => "6", "C5" => "Y", "D1" => "N", "D2" => "1", "D3" => "R", "D4" => "8", "D5" => "K");

I tried coding this, which is completely wrong, but maybe I'm on to something at least?:

foreach ($grid_array as $key => $value) {
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge1'] = '$response1';
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge2'] = '$response2';
$grid_array['$xdoc1->challenge3'] = '$response3';
}

($xdoc1 is the XML return as a SimpleXMLElement, by the way)

But this returns an error of
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM

Am I at least on the right track? If not, any ideas on how I can code this to pull out the values that are returned from the first hit and have it pass the appropriate values to the second hit?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Unidentified index error in a simple form
I have been trying to make an HTML form that is handled by a PHP script. So far my attempts to get i

MySQL Does not UPDATE- SQLString Problem
vb Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) 1. SQL = "UPDATE sampletable SET column1 = 'C1sample1'"

Running a cron job through PHP/Apache?!
Hello all,
I have a PHP script which makes a cron file from user input. When i try to run the cro

Adding delete feature to my forum
Hello I am currently trying to add a delete feature to my forum. I believe I have everything built r

Business Health Check
Hello

I need to create an online business health check for a client it will be multiple choi

Material xxx does not exist in plant xxx
Dear All,

I am working for a steel project which is repetitive manufacturing.

session_destroy();
new to php
I have a simple login and am trying to write a logout.
I set a $_SESSION var to 1 i

Protecting forms
Alright, I want to protect some forms of mine from SQL Injections, because I had someone earlier spa

Progress bar for webpage
Hi,
I want to implement a progress/waiting bar on my webpage - exactly the same thing that the Mi

Post, not working, please help
The error is:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /student

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash