help understanding hidden input w/ php

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello i'm doing a tutorial where there are multiple forms for an edit page for a user to update their info... there's a section of the code i dont really understand how it works...here's code:
php:

if ($_POST['parse_var'] == "edit"){

(more php code that executes..)

}

html:

<form action="edit.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" name="edit" id="edit">
<input name="edit" type="text" class="formFields" id="edit" value="" size="36" maxlength="32" />
<input type="hidden" name="parse_var" value="edit" />
<input type="submit" name="button1" id="button1" value="Submit" />
</form>

i dont understand how the "parse_var" and "edit" correlate? the parse_var is the same on every other form and the "edit" would be something different on another form, what "edit" is it specifically talking about and how are they working with each other here?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
233 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Internal Server Error issues
This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but e

PHP Surveys
I really would like some advice.

If you have a client come to you asking for a survey to be d

Dynamically set AccordianPane Header
I have an accordian on my master page. I'd like to be able to dynamically change the header on diff

show random images
hey guys

can someone please suggest a way in which the following code can be edited so it onl

Dump with added_funcion cl_salv_table
Hi there, I'm having some troubles adding a self defined function to an ALV in fullscreen. The thing

md5 is it unique
I know this is most likely one of many simple questions that can be found semi easily. But I'm press

count only commas outside parenteses
I have a sql table containing
id - query - query name
the first page contains a drop down men

Not Loading Function Into Div
I'm not sure whether to put this under the php forum or ajax forum but because I tink it's more of a

Help =( !! Upload Pics [PHP script]
Hello
I need help with a php script [MULTIPLE UPLOAD IMAGES] , where I want to add a feature (wat

How to sum these output values
Hi

I need sum the month totals
SELECT region_name, area_name ,SUM (CASE WHEN S

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash