help understanding hidden input w/ php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello i'm doing a tutorial where there are multiple forms for an edit page for a user to update their info... there's a section of the code i dont really understand how it works...here's code:
php:

if ($_POST['parse_var'] == "edit"){
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

(more php code that executes..)

}

html:

<form action="edit.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" name="edit" id="edit">
<input name="edit" type="text" class="formFields" id="edit" value="" size="36" maxlength="32" />
<input type="hidden" name="parse_var" value="edit" />
<input type="submit" name="button1" id="button1" value="Submit" />
</form>

i dont understand how the "parse_var" and "edit" correlate? the parse_var is the same on every other form and the "edit" would be something different on another form, what "edit" is it specifically talking about and how are they working with each other here?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
233 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

using a loop help
Hi guys , i need some help. I have this loop :
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($Result)) { ?&

How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?
How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?

Let's say I have:

Can anyone give me some link on .htaccess tutorial
i wish to have friendly url using .htaccess, but no idea yet about this

Hope that anyone cou

how to load php class from another domain?
how to load php class from another domain?

pull content
I have an existing page, domain/adverts.php which has a good PR. I've just rebuilt my site and the n

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

Is there a more efficient way to code this than what I have?
I have three associative arrays.

$combinedSettings
$userSettings
$defaultSettings

couldn't connect to your database
Hello I am new to php mysql

Actually i have read A tutorial on nettuts
"http://net.tu

present value of sequence?
Hi

Please help me to find out the present value of sequence?

Thanks

How to return to a previous page after running a PHP script
I'm having a bit of a melt down here because I think this should be really easy but can't work it ou

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash