Help with usergroups? prolly really quick

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So were coding our own forums for a game system we made an we have the users level setup but now I need to make it do user groups. See the groups are defined by numbers:

0 - banned
1 - registered
2 - donator
3 - mod
4 - admin
5 - owner

I have this setup to define ranks
$rankstring = "<b><font color='#336699'>";

$row=update_lastVisit($_SESSION["user"][0]);

$x = 1;

while ( $whosonline = mysql_fetch_array( $res ) ) {
if ( $x != 1 ) {
echo ", ";
}
echo "<a href="member.php?id=$whosonline[id]">$rankstring$whosonline[name]</b></font></a></strike>";
$x++;
}

I need to know how to make it MySql read the row for the level and if there in that group then make their name that color. Like for admins something like

if user level is 5 then $rankstring = "html code for admin color";
and have that set ONLY admins as that color and not the other groups. How would I do it like that? The row that the usergroups are read from is 5 if that helps. Can someone help quickly?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
340 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Registration
ok so i have a site where people can register and login which works now thanks to someone on here th

How to set pass login name from htaccess to php
When the user logs into my members page via htaccess, I'd like to retain the username so that I can

want to add a break after a certain amount of characters
i was wondering how to add a break in a blog post after a certain amount of characters... any idea o

Remove letter from numeric textbox
I have a textbox that will search the employee database by entering in the employee ID and it will r

get font info from a font file
hello,

Does anyone know how to get font info from a font file ... using php of course !
<

cURL proxy
Okay here is the thing... i know how to add proxys

Code: curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE,

TimeZoneOffset
Hello,

Please i need your help. I have a system that users can use to punch in and out. This

Need to write a cookie with a url var
Not sure if its possible, but I need to write a cookie with a url.

So this would write 2232 a

Php script to read msword file
hi,

I need to read a msword file and i want to print the contents in that word file.

i

Search with relational database
Hey,

I have quite a complicated (for me anyway ) relational database for an apartments syste

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash