IIS on 2003 anon access disabled issue

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have an IIS server that belongs to a domain, and anonymous access is turned off for all my sites. Users that belong to the 'WebUsers' domain group are granted access to these sites. The issue is when the user is logged on as one of these web users, if he goes to: https://iisserver then he automatically accesses the page, without a usernamepassword login message box popping up. But if he goes to: https://iisserver.domainname.com then the windows login popup DOES come up. What is the difference here? If the user types in the same info that he logged into windows with in this box (domainnameusername and password), then he can access the page, so the login and access is solid, there must be some kind of configuration I'm missing. My SSL certificate is tied to the iisserver.domainname.com name , if that helps.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
257 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP page loading in Firefox but not in IE
hello,

i am currently doing a project in PHP and i have a problem. If I view the project in M

Just a white page
Okay so, my website, when I click SignUp on it it takes me to /join.php but its a complete white pag

help with calculations on a flat text file
hello,
I have this code below that is attached to a flat file like this:
Email:LastName:FirstN

Displaying different page content, depending on the logged in user.
Hi all, I am new to ASP.net (and web development in general), and have a question about how I can di

trim function issues
Hi guys, total noob here...

So I've been tinkering around with a html and am using php to em

how can i expire the submitted page using session.
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i'm using "post" method.
when i submit it,data goes to

Where am I going wrong
Been trying to work this out for hours

I have two tables called 'Genres' and 'Films'. Genre

Help with translating C code into assembler code
Hi im doing a project that moves a robot around a maze avoiding walls and need some help with conver

What are causes of a connection-timeout with fopen()?
Hello! Here is the situation: The server I host my website on just upgraded it's PHP build from 4.4.

this code is not working????
it says this error.. Warning: Division by zero in ..

the variables are correct, so why is th

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash