mysql_affected_rows() usage

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Possibly a MySQL issue, but the function that is not behaving in the anticipated way is a PHP function.

Seems as though mysql_affected_rows() is not returning the desired number so I can move into my if statement.

This is just a snippet. Let me know if more code might be needed to diagnose.
Code: <?php
dbconnect();
$sql = "INSERT INTO `registration` (`id`, `the_date`, `first_name`, `last_name`, `email`, `phone`, `street_address`, `city`, `state`, `zip`, `emergency_contact`, `emergency_phone`, `high_school`, `test_score`, `major_interest`, `gpa`, `activity1`, `activity2`, `activity3`, `activity4`, `recruitment`, `recruitment_explain`, `travel`, `language`, `language_years`, `rotc`, `interests`, `accommodations`, `pay`) VALUES (NULL, '{$the_date}', '{$first_name}', '{$last_name}', '{$email}', '{$phone}', '{$street_address}', '{$city}', '{$state}', '{$zip}', '{$emergency_contact}', '{$emergency_phone}', '{$high_school}', '{$test_score}', '{$major_interest}', '{$gpa}', '{$activity1}', '{$activity2}', '{$activity3}', '{$activity4}', '{$recruitment}', '{$recruitment_explain}', '{$travel}', '{$language}', '{$language_years}', '{$rotc}', '{$interests}', '{$accommodations}', 'N')";
$result = mysql_query($sql) OR DIE ('//INSERT error<br />Please report this to the site admin <a href="/contact/index.php">here</a>.<br /><br />'.mysql_error());
if (mysql_affected_rows($result)==1)
{
//send email
?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
279 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How can I uploading Transactional Data from Legacy to New SAP system
Hell Gurus,

I am overwhelmed with questions on how to migrate huge volume of Sales Orders

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cann.....
hi, can someone help me with this? I keep getting this error....

Warning: session_start() [fu

Using the $_GET variable to view certain records
Hello,

First let me explain my problem, I have 2 pages the first page pull a list of Guide ti

Preserving user-entered linebreaks
Hi, I'm building a web 2.0 thingy from scratch and I wanna display text which users input. It's all

Include with Parameters
In a particular page I would like to include a file that requires $_GET parameters.

when I go

Delete all from a table
I can not get the following code to work. If I run the sql statement in the db it will delete all t

Loops and Classes
I am making a template system and everything seems to be going well up until I have to loop in a var

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

order by date not ID number help php
I am trying to orginize the following code to order by date not id number.
any help would be grea

close site for maintenance
i get a tutorial, saying the following code can put our site offline, and only the developer can vie

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash