Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code, where i would like PHP to issue a warning / error.
I guess this is because of the loose typing of PHP, however this cause real bugs go unnoticed in my code and i am looking for a way to be able to detect this.

The code sample does not produce any warning/error using "error_reporting=E_ALL" with php 5.2.10

Do anyone have a idea or suggestion?

Code: class Objekt
{
var $foo;
var $bar;
}

$x = new Objekt();
$x->foo = 4;
var_dump($x);

$x->baz = 9; //i would like this to cause an warning because "baz" is a undefined property of the Objekt class. but it dont and "baz" is added to the object
var_dump($x);

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
84 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Cant display mysql data
Hey all,

I am learning php and my first goal is to create a simple CMS. At the moment I am st

MVC - Code review
I'm in the process of trying to wrap my head around MVC, and as part of that, I'm attempting to impl

formating when pulling data from a mysql database 
Ok so Im not to sure if this is the right thread to post in but here is my catch 22 issue.

I

Help Import Animoto and Youtube
CAn someone help me urgently want to allow users on my website to import youtube/revver/dailymotion

Table colours fail when extra row added
Hey Gurus,

I got a weird problem with formating the colour of a table made in php. Everything

Request-URI Too Large
I have created a simple submit form for a mysql database that puts a piece of code into database.<

Need help in log in and log out?
hi there all of u. i have recently created a site for someone. i have placed log in and log out and

Just wondering what you think about my site
I am new to phpfreaks i just seen this form and thought it would be cool to see what other thought a

turning an array into a string then poping it into a db
Hi im just wondering how you get a requested array into a single string then pop it into the db so f

Extract text from string
Hi folks,

I have a string that looks like this:

aaaaaaaaaa:
bbbbbbbbbb (ccccccccc)

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash