Using Curl_multi for processing multiple URLs

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I am at a loss as to how to implement this. I would like to be able to automatically assign a number of urls taken from a file to x amount of curl_multi handles determined by the user on the form, so if i had 100 urls, and the user types 2 threads, each handle will process and go through 50 urls each.

The problems I face are how do I get php to create the number of handles based on the users' preference, are variable variables the only way? Because I really don't want to go there as my head will explode.

Also, how do I ensure that thread A can not process urls that Thread B is currently working on? Could this be done by popping the url off an array just before the thread goes to work on it?

Many thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
71 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Edit MySQL Row Using PHP and HTML Form
Hello,

Here's what I'm trying to do. Build a page where a user enters a MySQL row number in.

help removing unwanted graphic
How do I remove the small elongated rectangular shape between the "Latest post" and "

Share admin accross websites
I'm using .net memberships and roles in one of my sites, but I need to be able to share logins and p

FROM_UNIXTIME($phpdate);
Hello,

I tried to use this :

$date = FROM_UNIXTIME($phpdate);

ANd I was t

Multidimensional array problems in $_POST
I'm having trouble with a three-dimensional $_POST array. It starts as a two-dimensional array on th

Quick fix: Conditional statement with an array
Hi, I'm getting the temperature value off of the Environment Canada website along with the icon file

checkbox update
I am having a brain fart right now and i cant remember how to do this. if anyone could help that wou

Small problem with image resize script
Hi!

I am a little bit new to php and I have an issue installing an image resize script I down

UDP Multicast question
Hey,

Im not really in the know when it comes to network related programming and activitie

PEAR in appliactiond development
When I was picking up PHP I went from procedural programming, fairly quickly into OOP, then after wr

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash