Using system() and bringing back the results

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am aware that you can use system() within PHP to execute system commands, but I was wondering if there was a reasonable way to bring back the results every second.

For example, I want a web based interface to put some files in a RAR archive. It would need to execute a command on the server (CentOS 5) to use rar. When you use that command, there is a progress bar that gets drawn in the console window with the progress of the RAR'ing, much like wget.

I'm wondering if there is a way to somehow grab that progress bar and put it out on the page so I can see how far along the RAR has gone.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
70 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Multi-image upload problems
Lets see if I can get some help on this one. Can anyone show me what I am doing wrong here. I'm just

Getting the full city list from maxminds geoip database
I am suprised I can't find any references to this.

I have maxminds geoip lite installed and i

Shopping Cart
Can anyone direct me to a Simple, Basic structure of a shopping cart.
New to classes. I want to s

Formatting echo from database
So I have a database that stores First and last names, then echos them back to a website, as of now

Array becomes unset by itself?
Hi,

I have a bit of experience with PHP but not extensive. It seems I cannot store any items

get the country of visitor and display content based on that
Hello all,

I have seen that Google analytics can tell you where a visitor is coming from and

Update Database
Hi All,

I have a problem with this:

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();

Is there a more efficient way to code this than what I have?
I have three associative arrays.

$combinedSettings
$userSettings
$defaultSettings

Sufficient protection from bad input?
I am writing a simple script to let people upload 'pages' of their own content, be it simply a few b

Strange HTML Tag?
I recently noticed some odd HTML appear in some of the websites I host. Not all of them are run on a

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash