Help with PHP Calendar code...


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I found it.
I wrote this code for a PHP calendar as an assignment for college.
It works fine, but I also want today's day to show in another color and I can't find how to do that.
Can anyone help?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Below is the code...
Code: <html>
<head>
<div align="center"> <h1>Calendar</h1> </div>
</head>

<body BGCOLOR="lightgreen">


<blockquote>
<p>
<div align="center">
<table border="1">
<?php

if (isset($_GET['next']))
{
$month = $_GET['month'] + 1 ;
$year= $_GET['year'];
if($month > 12)
{
$month = 1;
$year++ ;
}
$cur_date = mktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
}

elseif(isset($_GET['prev']))
{

$month = $_GET['month'] - 1;
$year= $_GET['year'];
if($month < 1 )
{
$month = 12;
$year-- ;
}
$cur_date=mktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
}
else
{
$cur_date=mktime();
$year=date('Y',$cur_date);
$month=date('m',$cur_date);
$cur_date = mktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
}

$month_name = date('F', $cur_date);
$week_days = array(Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun);

echo "<tr><td colspan="7">$month_name $year</td></tr>";
echo '<tr>';
foreach($week_days as $day)
{
echo "<td>$day</td>";
}
echo '</tr>';

$num_of_days = date('t',$cur_date);
$i = 1;
$first_day = date('D', $cur_date);

while ($i <= $num_of_days)
{
echo '<tr>';
foreach($week_days as $day)
{
echo '<td>';
if ( (($i == 1) && ($day != $first_day)) || $i > $num_of_days)
$val = '';
else
$val = $i++;
echo "$val&nbsp;</td>";
}
echo '</tr>';
}

?>

</table>
</div>
</blockquote>

<div align="center">
<form name="nav_form" method="get" action = '<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>' >
<input type="submit" name="prev" value="<<" >
<input type="submit" name="next" value=">>" >
<input type="hidden" name="month" value='<?php echo $month?>' >
<input type="hidden" name="year" value='<?php echo $year ?>' >
</div>

</form>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
138 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

echo $rows help
Hi all,

Hopefully something simple that I don't know!

I have this:

Code: [Selec

convert static html data into dynamic
hi all

i need to convert a website which has static above 2000 articles into dynamic and add

Get last modified date of web page
Hai All,

In php how can i get last modified date of a give web page . I have tried to g

SOAP Issue
Hi,

I am facing some understanding problem with SOAP basic.kindly recommend some SOAP expert.

retrieving more than one max key from an array?
so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and th

Header is not working in IE
Hi ! header function is not working in IE but it works in FF, Safari, Chrome. any help please. :

Shuffle Array
Hi,

I am writing a script for a game that needs players to randomly be assigned a target (ano

MS are the best!!!
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx?h=watch-a-demo and click the massive '

SAP Business Suite
Hi all:

Within the SAP Business Suite solution I would like to ask you the main differenc

Include a php
Hello,

I'm trying to include a function that shows the recent searches.
Example I have <

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash