socket makes browser hang...


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a socket server, and I am having a problem at the moment...

A browser sends a http header request to the server, but... some browsers send one request for one file, and others want 2. For example, Google Chrome asks for two parts: The headers, and the post data.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Whereas Firefox sends it all at once.

Chrome Part 1:
Code: POST /postdata.php HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:3333
User-Agent: Some Chrome string here
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://localhost:3333/postdata.php

Chrome Part 2:
Code: ------WebKitFormBoundaryHigb2TwanNRf4WQK
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="name"

ryan
------WebKitFormBoundaryHigb2TwanNRf4WQK
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="comment"

hello
------WebKitFormBoundaryHigb2TwanNRf4WQK
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="myFile"; filename="test.txt"
Content-Type: text/plain

hello! This is a test document!
Line 2
Line 3

Line 5
Line 6


End File!
------WebKitFormBoundaryHigb2TwanNRf4WQK
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="submit"

Post It!
------WebKitFormBoundaryHigb2TwanNRf4WQK--

Firefox Whole thing:
Code: POST /postdata.php HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:3333
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://localhost:3333/postdata.php
Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------491299511942
Content-Length: 566

-----------------------------491299511942
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="name"

ryan
-----------------------------491299511942
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="comment"

adfafqa
-----------------------------491299511942
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="myFile"; filename="test.txt"
Content-Type: text/plain

hello! This is a test document!
Line 2
Line 3

Line 5
Line 6


End File!
-----------------------------491299511942
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="submit"
Now the problem is that since firefox sends it once, my code makes Firefox hang because I have two socket_recv() one for the headers, and one for the post data, where the second socket_recv() just sits and waits but nothing is sent to it. In Chrome this works just fine, because data is send at two different times (headers and post data).

I don't really want to write code that checks a browser to see what the browser is and do something according the browser type, so is there a better way then what I have to get the data no matter what browser the user is using, and the code doesn't hang if the browser only sends headers once?

socket_recv($client, $headers, $max_post_size, 0);
if(preg_match("~^POST~", $headers)){
socket_recv($client, $post, $max_post_size, 0);
}else{
$post = '';
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
324 Like 29 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

animation progress while uploading files?
Hello, i have some website form to upload few files to server. i want to put some gif animation whi

Help with forum quoting?
Hi im working on a forum and I have alomost finished it but i want a user quote system like twitter

Credit card verification
I have a client who wants to process credit card transactions from his web site rather than the goin

creating a 1 to 100 in a table
hi guys I am a newb in php need some help.

I have a table with 1 column and 100 rows and in

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

Time-based image rotation script
I'm trying to write a PHP script that rotates an image based on what time of day it is. I want the

noob cURL help
I have a pretty basic form that I need to cURL post to a file in my includes folder (includes/login.

Just cannot get 'area' to submit to db using same php code as already used
Basically all i have done is just modified some code and added an area section.
The form is allre

using explode() to fill in checkboxes
Hi

I have a field stored in a table that contains regions in the UK separated by commas. Ther

How to Handle more than one submit button in single form?
Hi
I have one PHP file which contains one Form. In this form there are two Submit type Buttons

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash