Why is my row count 0?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Here's the MySQL query i'm running. It basically pulls data from 2 tables based on some data passed.

Here are things i know.
1. The data passed is passed correctly, and is correct as far as data goes.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
2. The sql statements do run, the database connection is solid and works.
3. Other queries work, this however is the first join query im attempting.
4. employee_directory is a regular table, but pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io is a table inside the pcsmgr SCHEMA on the database. hence the prefix in the table names.

My guess it that perhaps the fact that my SELECT fields have two periods? maybe i dunno.
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.extension for example.

Here's the query - please see if you can figure out why the $recordCount returns 0;
Code: <?php
#Check for this branch
$branchid_SQL = $brancharray[$key][0];
#===Find All People That Work for "filenumber" WITHIN EACH BRANCH
$sql_1 = "SELECT employee_directory.filenumber,
employee_directory.phone,
employee_directory.firstname,
employee_directory.lastname,
employee_directory.managerid,
employee_directory.departmentid,
employee_directory.branchid,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.extension,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.calldate,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.calltype,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dur_seconds,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dur_minutes,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dist_pnums,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.count_pnums,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dognet_user_id,
pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.callcat
FROM pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io, employee_directory
WHERE employee_directory.managerid = '$DT_filenumber' AND
employee_directory.branchid = '$branchid_SQL' AND
employee_directory.filenumber = pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dognet_user_id";
$go_1 = oci_parse($conn, $sql_1);
oci_execute($go_1);
$result_1 = oci_fetch_assoc($go_1);
$recordCount = oci_num_rows($go_1);
echo $recordCount;
?>

-- NEW

just realised that by removing this line of code from the query
Code: <?php
AND employee_directory.filenumber = pcsmgr.mvx_phone_history_io.dognet_user_id
?>I actually get a result, an inaccurate one but a result none the less. So i guess the next question is whats wrong with that line?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
68 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

Is this Safe or Unsafe?
Hi i made a few pages with lots of peoples help now i just want to know if they are safe or not can

Matchcode in ALV change header column
Hello everyone,

I am working in an SAP system that is currently in upgrade and conversion

How can i steam a video on my PHP site? (non YouTube)
Basically I have a PHP site and don't want to give page rank to YouTube. I just want to stream a bas

problem getting my contact form working
Yeah I know this is a pretty basic problem, but it's been a while since I've worked with PHP and I'm

Weird problem with SELECT command..Help!
Hi!

It seems I'm having a really weird problem with SQL SELECT command....I have table into a

why this query can delete duplicates ?
why this query can delete duplicates ? Anybody can give me the detailed explanation ?

Tha

data type in column definition
Hi,
I create a table with column called "Direction of Travel code ".
The travel codes in t

MySQL query problem
When I try to run the following piece of code, I get this error:
QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): sup

Filtering for a phrase using pregmatch
Here is my code which looks for addresses which start with ' src=" '

Code: [Select]preg_

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash