need help with mail()


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi i want to send an email with attaching pdf file using php. i have the following script but the problem with this is when i send an attachment it does to the specified address but that email is empty means there is no attachment as well as message. what i am doing wrong in this script help

Code: <form id="requestcv" name="form1" method="post" action="request2.php">
<div>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<label>Your Name:</label>
<input type="text" name="name" id="textfield" />
</div>
<div>
<label>Your Email:</label>
<input type="text" name="email" id="textfield2" />
</div>
<div class="actions">
<input class="actions" type="submit" name="request" id="button" value="Request CV" />
</div>
</form>
<p>
<?php
if($_POST['request'])
{
//echo "My cv has been sent to your email address.Please check your email after 15 minutes. Thank you for requesting my CV.";
$name = $_POST['name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$message = "Here is my CV you requested for.Please download attachment and view my cv.Thank you for using my services.";
$to = $email;
$subject = "This is from zafar portfolio";
$random_hash = md5(date('r', time()));

$headers = "From: address@yahoo.comrnReply-To: address@yahoo.com";

$headers .= "rnContent-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="PHP-mixed-".$random_hash.""";

$attachment = chunk_split(base64_encode(file_get_contents("CV.pdf")));

$output = "
--PHP-mixed-$random_hash;
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary='PHP-alt-$random_hash'
--PHP-alt-$random_hash
Content-Type: text/plain; charset='iso-8859-1'
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello World!
This is the simple text version of the email message.

--PHP-alt-$random_hash
Content-Type: text/html; charset='iso-8859-1'
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<h2>Hello World!</h2>
<p>This is the <b>HTML</b> version of the email message.</p>

--PHP-alt-$random_hash--

--PHP-mixed-$random_hash
Content-Type: application/pdf; name=CV.pdf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment

$attachment
--PHP-mixed-$random_hash--";

//mail($to, $subject, $message, $output, $headers);
if (mail($to, $subject,$message, $output, $headers)) {
echo 'Mail sent';
} else {
echo 'Mail NOT sent';
}


}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
287 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Mail functionality from localhost to server
Hi

I am facing problem of mail functionality.

When i tested mail functionality in my

how do i make a string??
hey guys,
can someone please tell me how to put data from the glob function into a string

Echoing If Function?
A script I am using has If statements in the comments form to basically tell the form what to do. Cu

Problem assigning value to variable in "IF" function
Does this script makes sense? I am trying to take the value that is set to "authenticat" a

curl javascript problem
Hi Experts.
I'm new curl and wanna to get some info from this http://www.amadeus.net/

when

Mail form doesn't send Russian/Cyrillic characters correctly?
When someone enters foreign characters (like Cyrillic text, and Japanese/Chinese probably gives the

A href problem under php
Hello...

I tried to explain the issue in an earlier post.. but was not clear enough....

how can i display php source code snippets ?
I am outputting some pho code .. and I want to display the source code so people can copy and paste

Question handling xml data
Hello,

I have sucessfull followed this tutorial
http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial/handlin

Problem in OnClientClick and OnClick sync
Hi,Strange and irritating problem: I have below button declaration in markup of the aspx page:

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash