Read from a text file after a specific word


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all.

I have a text file that looks like the one below.
I know how to open the text file but I need to get the php pointer to take a value suck as $username. Once it finds $username, i need it to move to the next following MonthUp"> and then read the number after it and save it to the string $monthup. I will be doing the same for $monthdown and then closing the file.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Eg. If the value is $username, i need to find the first occurance of that username, find the number after MonthUp"> and read it to $monthup, then move to MonthDown"> and then read the number after it to $monthdown.
I will then use php to add the numbers together so that I can show the user when they enter their username into the website, how much they have used for the month.

I am just learning php and all I can find so far from google is reading line-by-line which i want to read after a specific word as I need to do this for a few different files and line by line wont work.


File - stats.cfg - can be renamed to stats.txt easily.
<config>
<list name="UserStats">
<listitem>
<variable name="Id">288A5772-2964-4701-9E66-765F3CECE522</variable>
<variable name="Name">all users</variable>
<variable name="DayUp">32729762</variable>
<variable name="DayDown">336451305</variable>
<variable name="WeekUp">982718994</variable>
<variable name="WeekDown">5711384480</variable>
<variable name="MonthUp">15542938381</variable>
<variable name="MonthDown">106022753555</variable>
<variable name="TotalUp">441879285577</variable>
<variable name="TotalDown">1763579705023</variable>
<variable name="Since">1210849661</variable>
<variable name="Timestamp">1256258234</variable>
<variable name="FullName">all users</variable>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<variable name="Id">807459fd-71a9-467d-bf0c-f0ce98fef937</variable>
<variable name="Name">Administrator</variable>
<variable name="DayUp">0</variable>
<variable name="DayDown">0</variable>
<variable name="WeekUp">0</variable>
<variable name="WeekDown">0</variable>
<variable name="MonthUp">0</variable>
<variable name="MonthDown">0</variable>
<variable name="TotalUp">995621942</variable>
<variable name="TotalDown">6089875753</variable>
<variable name="Since">1210849662</variable>
<variable name="Timestamp">1256224866</variable>
<variable name="FullName"></variable>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<variable name="Id">9cd97dd4-f902-4811-ad05-372658c8ec64</variable>
<variable name="Name">Mathew</variable>
<variable name="DayUp">0</variable>
<variable name="DayDown">0</variable>
<variable name="WeekUp">0</variable>
<variable name="WeekDown">0</variable>
<variable name="MonthUp">36809697</variable>
<variable name="MonthDown">565151504</variable>
<variable name="TotalUp">1739819196</variable>
<variable name="TotalDown">26628701150</variable>
<variable name="Since">1210849662</variable>
<variable name="Timestamp">1256257815</variable>
<variable name="FullName">mathew</variable>
</listitem>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
96 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Header is not working in IE
Hi ! header function is not working in IE but it works in FF, Safari, Chrome. any help please. :

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

$variable = $variable
Hello

Sorry if this is a really simple question but I have run out of ideas. Is there a reall

Multiple arrays inside data
Hi,

Simple question. I have a column called "array" in my database, and inserted in

Problem with coding MySQL query
I'm having heaps of trouble getting one of my PHP/MySQL queries to work for some reason (and the fun

problem with query error
First Thanks to those who helped me on my previous posts, and the following code i'm using is not mi

in php, link returns to the line
When I add a link in a php page, the link word returns to the line (as a
would do)

Examp

switch not getting value
what am i doing wrong?
i want to populate the country list according to the category
i want to

Socket problem
Hello,

Earlier I posted about my problem with my socket script. It took up to 100% CPU usage.

Really need helps regarding Pagination with Sort
I need someone helps regarding pagination problem...i actually want to make my page limited to let s

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash