LIMIT $start, 10... how to pass last value queried into next page with GET??


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok I know how to display the first or last 10 results of a query...

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM messages ORDER BY timemsg DESC LIMIT 10");

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
In a perfect world all the rows ID's would be in perfect order (i.e.- 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1), so to display messages 30 to 40 I would just do LIMIT 30,10
but because of certain unforseen situations the actual results will end up being more like-
457
455
454
453
449
448
447
419
418
410

So I can display the last 10 results in descending order but then to show the "previous 10" results (using the above numbers for an example), I'm thinking I need to somehow
capture the last result in this query (410) so when you hit "previous 10" link it passes it through GET to the next page and the next page will use something like LIMIT $start,10
to display the 10 results with before "410" and so on. Any idea how to do this, I don't think it should be that hard, just can't figure it out. Sorry, if this is in wrong thread,
feel free to move to MYSQL board if it belongs there.. Thanks for any help!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
72 Like 13 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Extracting Long text from message class with parameters
Hi,

I would like to extract the long text from a message class. However, the long text ha

Send current URL in URL with a $_GET variable problem.
Hello community,

I have created a function that gets the current variable of a page, example:

PHP Search Issue
Hi, I am using the following code to search and return flights from a database. The user searches by

Include with Parameters
In a particular page I would like to include a file that requires $_GET parameters.

when I go

single values into sql field
i have a form which i want the user to able to select multiple answers. But i want the answers to be

Displaying Column Names
I have a question regarding the ability to show the column names from my table/query.
What I'm lo

How to schedule the a job?
Hi,
I have prepared a task ( i.e. a procedure is prepare the file and send the same to con

Odd or Even
Inside of a while loop I need to echo several rows of info...easy enough.

In the loop (for th

Suggestions for Functional module
Hello experts,
I Have done B.Sc(Mathematics) and MCA & have learnt SAP/ABAP but do n

Loop Through Date Range
Hi guys,
I have date range as parameter like 01/JAN/2009 TO 16/JAN/2009 now i want to loop thro

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash