calculator


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I can't figure out why this code doesn't work. No error messages. Page loads.

Code: <?php # Script 3.9 - calculator.php
$page_title = 'Widget Cost Calculator';
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
include ('./header.html');



function calculate_total ($tax= 5) {
global $total;
$taxrate = $tax / 100;
$total = ($_POST['quantity'] * $_POST['price']) * ($taxrate + 1);
$total = number_format ($total, 2);
}


if (isset($_POST['submitted'])) {

if (is_numeric($_POST['quantity']) && is_numeric($_POST['price'])) {


echo '<h1 id="mainhead">Total Cost</h1>';

$total = NULL;

if (is_numeric($_POST['tax'])) {
calculate_total ($_POST['tax']);
} else {
calculate_total ();
}

echo '<p>The total cost of purchasing '. $_POST['quantity'] .' widget(s) at $'.
number_format ($_POST['price'], 2). ' each is $'. $total .'.</p>';

echo '<p><br/></p>';

} else {

echo '<h1 id="mainhead">Error!</h1>
<p class="error">Please enter a valid quantity and price.</p><p><br/></p>';
}

}

?>
<h2>Widget Cost Calculator</h2>
<form action="calculator.php" method="post">
<p>Quantity: <input type="text" name="quantity" size="5" maxlength="10" value="<?php if (isset($_POST['quantity'])) echo $_POST['quantity'];?>"/></p>
<p>Price: <input type="text" name="price" size="5" maxlength="10" value="<?php if (isset($_POST['price'])) echo $_POST['price'];?>"/></p>
<p>Tax (%): <input type="text" name="tax" size="5" maxlength="10" value="<?php if (isset($_POST['tax'])) echo $_POST['tax'];?>"/>(optional)</p>
<p><input type="submit" name"submit" value="Calculate!"/></p>
<input type="hidden" name"submitted" value="TRUE"/>
</form>


<?php
include ('./footer.html');
?>The calculator does not work and won't display anything. I've checked the code three times in the text book and I believe their is no typo's. What am I doing wrong?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
68 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Coefficient of a Restitution Hints
Hello. I was wondering if anyone can give me hints on how to write this program...

The coeffi

Calling a Procedure with IN & OUT Parameters
Hello,

I usually call my procedures using the following way

declare variable e

Displaying Multidimensional Arrays...about to put my head in a vice, PLEASE HELP
I am fairly new to PHP and MySQL and I have a problem which I have been trying to resolve for days.

Structure Question - One Table or One Table Per Record Set?
I have a web app (mySQL and PHP) which allows people to create an item with up to 200 records which

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Access website from only 1 computer...?
One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website

Help Optimizing code
Good Morning,

I wrote a small import function for a website of mine and I know there has to b

recrawling
Can anyone suggest me how may i know a page is updated before it is being downloaded, so that i can

single values into sql field
i have a form which i want the user to able to select multiple answers. But i want the answers to be

gather checkbox data from form into email
Hello all,

First, i'd like to thank everyone who responded to my previous posts regarding set

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash