PHP Script runs on CLI but not through web browser

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am running into an issue that I just can't seem to find the answer to. I have a Windows Server 2008 box that is running Apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.2.11, and MySQL 5.1.39. My problem is I am trying to call a VBScript that interracts with a database on another machine but I can't seem to get it to actually run the script.

Watching Process Explorer I can clearly see that httpd.exe spawns php-cgi.exe which spawns wscript.exe so it appears that the actual call is working. However, after a few seconds the php-cgi.exe process closes and the wscript.exe process breaks out into its own process (no parent anymore) and never runs the code or closes. I actually have to end task for it to go away. When I run the script through PHP Command Line, it works perfectly as expected.

This happens both with the vbscript being on the local machine, and on a UNC path of another machine. I stripped down the code to the most simple form I could, and even tried putting nothing more than a message dialog in the VBScript, and still I run into this error. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I don't see any errors in the logs, or through the browser when the page loads.

This exact same setup was working on a Windows 2000 Server machine so I'm not sure if this is something unique to 2008 or just a overlooked setting somewhere.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
132 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to sum these output values
Hi

I need sum the month totals
SELECT region_name, area_name ,SUM (CASE WHEN S

Form errors in an array
I'm processing a form and putting the errors in an array. empty($errors) doesn't seem to do the tric

mysql UNION | warning mysql_fetch_array !!
Code: <?php
$i = 0;
$query1="SELECT * FROM `products` WHERE `div

array_map() probably obvious mistake
The code below is part of a class to escape strings, but should also accept an array, using array_ma

Varible in trigger - refering to correct schema
Hello

Im having some issues with my trigger.
What I want to do is call opon a differ

Help, Base64 encoding url and decoding server side.
Hello everyone, i have a website with videos and games and also provide an embed code which people c

pageination not working right... coping images over 4 pages
Code: <?php //This code will obtain the required page number from the $_GET array. Note that

Why does first ever HttpSendRequest take longer?
I promise this isn't as simple as it sounds. I'm wondering why the the first ever call to HttpSendRe

Had a simple form script that suddenly stopped working
It was made about a year ago and had been working fine. Last time it was known to work for sure was

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash