Procedure with variable number of columns


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I have a procedure that looks like this:

PROCEDURE PROC(p_cursor OUT sys_refcursor)

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
And in the procedure, I build up QUERY dynamically and the number of columns varies at runtime.

At the end I do

OPEN p_cursor for QUERY
Then to call this, I'm doing

call PROC(?)

My question is, how would I go about running the query from this procedure, then adding rows or modifying the existing results, then returning the modified data?

What I want to do is add a new row based on some condition, so I still need to return a variable number of columns, but I need to modify the results before I return them.

Is there any way of doing this? I need to do some calculations on the columns (the variable columns), create a new row, insert into result set, and return this new result set.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
221 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

BB_Code error
I'm having a problem with a custom built function and keep getting this error:


Warning: M

need a script for 3 pages
I have a customer who wants me to set up a site with a number of pages with the following requiremen

socket communication between c++/java and sending image
hi,

i have a class in c++ called win32_sockserver which creates socket to java. i am trying

Secure FTP
Hi experts,
There is no SFTP action in MII workbench.
This means it needs developing custo

jquery validation in codeIgniter
hai i need to add client side validation to my fiels which are selected in a forloop.the fields are

Running a cron job through PHP/Apache?!
Hello all,
I have a PHP script which makes a cron file from user input. When i try to run the cro

iterating through an array and escape each value independently.
I have a set up where the variable being escaped is an array and it needs to be iterated and escaped

Error with login script
I am getting an error with my login script:

Error:
Code: Warning: Cannot modify header inf

Please help with SMTP Authenticated PHP Email Form
Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authenticat

Most basic form question ever?
Hello,

I want to use this snippet to make sure the fields in a form are ok before processing

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash